Thursday, May 11, 2017

RENEE FLEMING is the greatest

I've written before about my affinity for this woman who has the most incredible voice of anyone alive.  She has performed her last performance at The Metropolitan Opera in New York ("The Met".) She is not retiring from performing, thank god.  This voice is truly remarkable.

Here's a great interview with her:  http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/saying-farewell-opera-roles-renee-fleming-career-high-notes-ahead/#

I wish Ms. Fleming a long and successful second chapter of her career.  I hope it will include many recordings and concert performances.   The different genres that she has performed in, the versatility of her voice, is so unique.

This article is from PBS, one of the organizations that the fascist trump is eliminating.  That loss is very serious.  Trump says that only rich people watch PBS.  Well I'm fucking poor, and PBS and public radio have made huge influences on my life.

I hope la Fleming goes on a concert tour!




No comments:

Post a Comment