Wednesday, July 29, 2009

the goddess JOAN ARMATRADING--her classic song Willow--I worship this diva

There are a few women artists (singers, actors, personalities) that I consider to be goddesses. I worship at their feet. Here's a few: Jodie Foster, Jessica Lange, Meryl Streep, Renee Fleming, kd lang, Judy Garland, Cate Blanchett. More recently, Kate Winslet. I can't think of them all right now. (Oh, Susan Sarandon was until she caused Al Gore to lose the 2000 election by urging voters to vote for her candidate Ralph Nader. I consider her largely personally responsible for the disastrous years of Shrub. And I lament the loss of such a beautiful goddess.)

One of my very first goddesses was singer Joan Armatrading. I've been in love with this singer since the early '80s. She has such a wonderful body of work. And she is fabulous in concert.

Here's a recent live studio recording of her early classic Willow.



Isn't that a beautiful simple song!
1
2
1
2
1
2

No comments:

Post a Comment