Friday, June 8, 2018

R.I.P. Anthony Bourdain

I admired him.  His show, Parts Unknown on CNN was the best thing on television.  Someone, I think it Eric Ripert, said he was the greatest storyteller.  He was that and so much more.

I believe that each of us should have the liberty to live and die.  I respect his choice today.  But I am heartbroken.  I feel like the world lost someone important, special and irreplaceable.  The world is awful, but you, Mr. Bourdain, brought a different view that made me feel somewhat like hope.













https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/here-are-anthony-bourdains-most-powerful-pieces-of-writing_us_5b1a9124e4b0bbb7a0dc054b

1 comment:

  1. i thought much the same about you and your mother...both creative American originals.
    As i type this i am looking at your Windsor Quarterly Publication/Issue 2 2004...i kept it because it was so original
    ...the paintings by "Honora"...spectacular and fun, the writing, the layout...wonderful.
    I can't believe i came across you blog...serendipity.
    I think i was meant to tell you that your own special creativity has changed lives too!!

    ReplyDelete