Sunday, December 27, 2009

Saw NINE yesterday. Other movies I wish to see

There's a spate of great interesting films I want to see. I saw Rob Marshall's NINE, yesterday.

NINE 4.5 stars (my rating out of 5)
How could this movie NOT be seen: starring the truly hot (and talented) Daniel Day Lewis and a cast of goddesses: Penelope Cruz, Dame Judi Dench, Sophia Loren, Marion Cotillard, plus performances by Nicole Kidman, Kate Hudson, and Black-eyed-Pea's Fergie. I'm SO glad they didn't cast that awful Catherine Zeta Jones.

This film was wonderful. It was actually better than I expected. I thought Daniel Day Lewis was marvelous, although maybe miscast (can that be possible-to be marvelous and yet miscast in a movie?). Marion Cotillard, Judi Dench, and Penelope Cruz were remarkable. Kate Hudson was quite fun and delivered an infectious performance. My main problem with the movie though was Nicole Kidman...completely miscast. She seems soul-less to me. Although her simple musical delivery of her song was admirable. Go see this movie!

Here's the other films I wish to see over the next few days and months. Have you any suggestions?

THE YOUNG VICTORIA
starring the marvelous Emily Blunt and the delicious Rupert Friend who starred in one my favorite movies this year, Cheri

A SINGLE MAN a movie by the beautiful Tom Ford starring the most beautiful Mr. Darcy Colin Firth and by the book of one of my favorite writers, Christopher Isherwood (although this is not my favorite of his books)...not to mention the always fabulous Julianne Moore

Terry Gilliam's THE IMAGINARIUM OF DOCTOR PARNASSUS with the delicious Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell taking on the unfinished scenes of Heath Ledger.

IT'S COMPLICATED .....but of course because of La Streep, the goddess of all movie-time

VALENTINE'S DAY...starring everybody! Usually movies that includes a cast of a thousand stars turn out to be stinkers but this one might defy the odds. What a gorgeous of cast of absolutely wonderful interesting actors. the hottie Ashton Kutcher, the hottie Bradley Cooper, the hottie Topher Grace, almost-a-goddess Julia Roberts, almost-a-goddess Anne Hathaway, Emma Roberts, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Garner, Taylor Lautner, the hottie Patrick Dempsey, Taylor Swift, Jennifer Garner, the goddess Shirley MacClaine, Jaime Foxx, the hottie Eric Dane, Jessica "I'm not Latin" Alba (as per Perez Hilton), the diva Queen Latifah, George Lopez, Hector Elizondo, Joe Jonas. Who isn't in this movie? How did the afford to pay all of those people?

Tim Burton's ALICE IN WONDERLAND with the delicious Johnny Depp and another star-studded cast including: Helena Bonham Carter, the almost goddess Anne Hathaway, Michael Sheen, always brilliant Stephen Fry, Alan Rickman, Crispin Glover.

Guy Ritchie's SHERLOCK HOLMES with the hotties Jude Law and Robert Downey Jr

WHEN IN ROME with Kristen Bell and Josh Duhamel because I love romantic comedies/chick-flicks

As you can see I like chick-flicks mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment