Thursday, November 26, 2009

Leonard Bernstein's perfect SIMPLE SONG by the goddess RENEE FLEMING

Leonard Bernstein is a bit of hero for me. One of my favorites of his songs, SIMPLE SONG (Hymn and Song), is from his musical theater composition materpiece MASS: A Theatre Piece for Singers, Players, and Dancers. This remarkable composition, perhaps one of his greatest, was commissioned by another goddess, Jacqueline Kennedy, for the opening of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C in 1971. It is a variation of the traditional Requiem Masses written throughout history by composers.

There are a number of other wonderful songs from this composition and I'll feature some of my other favorites in future entries.

This song is coupled with one of the most beautiful voices, that of the diva Renee Fleming. It is the perfect example of a heavenly song finding the perfect vehicle to deliver it. See. It is perfect in every way.

For the perfect simple beauty of this song and this beautiful voice, I give Thanks. They enrich my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment